Monday, February 27, 2023

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary February 26, 2023

Has anyone every purchased footwear for the sole reason being the pattern on the sole?  I spotted this print in the snow on my way into the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary!  I would love to leave a mark like that!  Seeing all those hearts, I took as a sign this would be a good visit!  I even hoped to see who owned this print with intentions of making inquiries.  No such luck though, the print ended before the entrance. 
The pathway at the entrance was the only section clear of snow.  
As I got closer to the lagoon, 
I could see steam rising from the river on the other side of the trees. 
Instead of looking for birds, 
I motored quickly to keep warm and get to the river to see the sights.
following a beaten path through the snow
this is why I like the early hours
an angel dropped by for a visit, probably yesterday
my trail through the snow along a section of the river that is not off limits
view from the trail
By now I was warmed up, saw the early morning lightning on the river and was ready to bird spot!  There was not much activity as I began my search other than Crows and Magpies.  Then, just like that, other birds began to bustle about!  The Black-Capped Chickadee gave me such a cute pose tilting its head sideways with a sprinkle of snow on its beak. 

The American Bald Eagle took off just as I snapped a shot.

It flew around then landed a very short distance up the path so I went where it went. 
a Juvenile Americal Bald Eagle
a Male House Finch

The hearts at the start of my day were a positive sign!  




2 comments:

  1. Yet another awesome morning. I love the snow angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the size of it, I am thinking it was made by a child!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.