Thursday, February 16, 2023

"breathe mountain style" February 16, 2023




Before heading east to go home, I aimed west again to skate, maybe for the last time this season, on Lake Louise.  That is unless I decide to head to this area for a fourth get-away while winter is still with us.  This week the winter highway driving conditions in the National Park have been summer-like.  Next week will be a different story!  

As I began the drive up the winding mountain road, a few flurries were sprinkling down. I wondered how long that had been going on and if there would be accumulation on the ice surface. Well, there was accumulation, just enough to make a canvas where I could show my creativity.   
you can see the hearts of various sizes in my track
It was another very quiet morning for skating and also for everywhere in the Lake Louise area.  With no one around, the way was clear to capture a few more shots of the Ice Castle when I skated behind it. 




After skating, I snapped more split seconds in time.  


The time came to hit the highway to home.  I was feeling fulfilled from breathing in loads of mountain air these past few days.  I enjoy these styles of get-aways!  


2 comments:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.