Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Caboose Camping April 23, 2024

While window watching, one opened up so I jumped at the opportunity to embrace the opening!  With wonderful weather stretching over a few days along with a mid week vacancy at my favourite caboose, it was go time.  On the way to going to the campground where the Canadian Pacific Caboose is, I stopped by Ann and Sandy Cross Conservation to hike for a few hours.  

I’m not sure what I was thinking bringing loads of warm layers!  With the crazy mixed up weather we experienced, I was mixed up too, +12C felt like +25C!  De-layer, de-layer, de-layer!

The trails were dry and 99.9% clear of snow!

Yet, when there was snow, I played in it!
view west to our Rocky Mountains

I wondered would I see crocuses!  So happy when I did!  I have not had time to get back to crocus hunting in Calgary.


The Tree Swallows and Mountain Bluebirds were plentiful.  They were tormenting each other as each was protecting their nests in the bird boxes. This is a Tree Swallow, the sun sure made it shine brightly!
These are Mountain Bluebirds, a female and male.
They are watching over that box.
It was about an hour drive to my Caboose from where I was hiking.  I arrived right at check in time and took no time at all to unpack, change, open a beer, grab the chips and settle in outside in the sunshine where it now felt like +30C!
Once the sun went down, it was time to layer up.  I was now thankful I had that warm winter wear with me. It also meant soon the full Pink Moon would appear. It was still below the trees at this point, but I patiently waited!
enjoying a fire while waiting

It was a beautiful clear night and the full Pink Moon put on quite a show!




6 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! You are surrounded by soooooo much beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thankful to see all that beauty today!

      Delete
  2. What a super day. We haven't had those temperatures yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The warmth came on all of a sudden! I prefer a gradual transition, maybe that is what you are enjoying right now.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I admire your caboose camping. Are you a railfan? Can you share a website where I can find prices for staying in the Canadian Pacific caboose? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://aspencrossing.com/campground/caboose-cabins/ You can find the caboose info here. The prices go up on May 1st and the summer months get booked up many months in advance. I do enjoy staying in the caboose as it is unique and very luxurious for camping. I also like seeing trains go by in some areas that I walk, especially if there is an odd train car. I will snap a shot then google it when I get home to see its story.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.