Friday, April 19, 2024

Camino de Santiago Virtual Challenge April 2024

And I'm off!  Again!  Virtually!  Twenty-eight plus hours by air virtually got me from eastern Australia to France to start my next conqueror challenge.  The Camino de Santiago is one of the original challenges and has seen close to 85,000 conquerors from all over the world take on this trek virtually.  No doubt many have completed the Camino in reality.  The route is 774 kms in distance.  I was not wanting to do another longer challenge but this one feels like a good fit right now.  This route is long enough so the plan is to virtually still be covering Camino distance while I am actually hiking in Austria in June. 



This is the route the challenge takes.  It starts in France and crosses over into Spain.  The closest I have been to Saint Jean Pied de Port in France is when I was in Figueres Spain back in 2022 which is a five hour and forty minute drive away. 
This is a close up of the route showing my marker at 16.8 kms along the way.  I received my race bid and my number is 84941, this is a popular challenge.

This is the photo I am using for my marker.  
It is from one of the walks I did along the Mediterranean while in Spain. 

at the start of the Camino de Santiago


first postcard that popped into my mailbox and I am sending off to you


A mere 16.8 kms into the challenge and this is the virtual view!  Oh WOW!




8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have things set up for your summer. My daughter goes to Austria every summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder does your daughter go there to hike?

      Delete
  2. At least 0 of my friends have walked the actual Camino. I think doing it virtually is the best way. I would prefer to spend time walking in the mountains of Europe or anywhere in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still want to walk in the UK some where! Maybe next year!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ten of your friends have hiked the Camino? Oh WOW! I know one person who did and it was an amazing life altering experience for her.

      Delete
    2. It is very much an Aussie destination. Margot belongs to the Brisbane Camino group. They have dinner once a month, along with a monthly Brisbane hike. The members are all people who have walked the Camino once and for many, more than once. It has 600 members.

      Delete
    3. Oh what a wonderful community those members have created!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.