Thursday, April 18, 2024

Great Ocean Road Virtual Challenge COMPLETE April 17, 2024

This was the virtual escape I needed many times over the past number of weeks!  On numerous occasions, it took self talk to get out the door facing winter conditions while being in the midst of spring. I was so over the wind, the cold, the ice, the snow but I had to get out there and accomplish some kind of distance.  Once back home, it was such a treat to enter my distance and virtually see myself along the ocean on a warm sunshine blue sky day.  I warmed up to you in so many ways!  Good-Bye Great Ocean Road!



from start to finish and all markers in between

Look at this!  The red shows the route I took for the Conquer 2022 Challenge that I called Aussie Coastal Bushwalk and the blue is the route I covered for the Great Ocean Road.  Another challenge the Conqueror people designed is the Great Barrier Reef.   Maybe some day I will tackle the short version, the only thing is there are no virtual views.  It would be fun to tack on a challenge north from the red or west from the blue.  
Now this is what I call a great ocean road!  This is just one of the hundreds of gorgeous views along the way.  At first, I got caught up in eyeing absolutely everything but that became too much time on the computer.  
these are the final three postcards that popped in that I am now sending off to you 



I already started a new virtual challenge and I will share a little bit about that in coming days!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting project to keep you going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may go for the Conquer 2025 challenge and create my own route west from the blue.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.