Thursday, April 25, 2024

Caboose Camping April 25, 2024

What a stunning morning it was walking the trails near where I was Caboose Camping!  Just like yesterday morning, I was out the door before sunrise with warm layers on and a freshly brewed thermos of coffee in my hand.  I aimed for the Pond first this time to see the sun come up over it rather than at the Lagoon. 



It did not cross my mind to look behind me, I was so focused on the sun coming up.  When I turned to veer down another trail, this caught the corner of my eye.  While the full moon was yesterday, it was still a spectacular sight to see this morning.  I watched as the clouds danced in front!

Now that the sunrise was over as was the moon show, I aimed towards where the trains that run in the summer are parked.  These are most of them, there are a line of cars behind the red engine also.  They begin running tours on Mother's Day. 





There was still a bit of a chill in the air but even if there wasn't, I still wanted to have a fire to sit beside and just be! It was not necessary to chop wood as they provided pieces small enough that would work to get a fire going, but I like chopping wood, so I chopped and chopped and chopped some more.   


There was enough wood ready for two hours worth of reading my book!

This is a video I took last evening showing my surroundings at the Caboose.



6 comments:

  1. Lovely sunrise and such a surprise moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love a good sunrise and chopping wood is always a favourite. Sounds like you are having fun on your camping trip. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the smell of freshly chopped wood! It was loads of fun!

      Delete
  3. Love all the photos! Hard to say which I love most ... the sunrise or the trains. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to go with sunrise photos as being more favourable!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.