Wednesday, September 16, 2020

a fresh start September 16, 2020

September to me always felt like the time to make a fresh start, time to turn a new leaf!  I am sure it must relate to the days when I headed back to school or went off to university.  September meant buying new clothes, collecting new educational supplies, making new friends and constructing new routines.  This year a fresh start in September means building a new blog!  When my internet provider went through a migration in mid August, I was left with no access to make new posts on Making Waves on top of the world on my computer.  Since the migration I have been posting from another source which requires finding round about ways to make it work which has been time consuming and not user-friendly at all.  I like easy, quick, simple and clean and I hope this will be the case for my new blog still Making Waves on top of the world.    The plan is to leave my original blog available as a source of information.  I know I will be going back to it when I want to relive an adventure.  My new blog is a work in progress and this is the fresh start! 

Since our world changed, I have been enjoying more sister time than ever before and I am loving that.  The other day we spent a couple of hours walking at North Glenmore Park enjoying the sights and sorting through our life's happenings.  Today's colours are brought to you by the attire my sister choose to wear and the orange plus crimson shades which are telling us autumn is around the corner.  That is the sun shining as bright as it can through a cloud of smoke.  Smoke from the wildfires in western United States blew into Alberta causing warnings to be issued.  Our conditions are mild.  My prayers go out to those in the western United States who are experiencing devastating conditions.    

Not only is September the time for a fresh start it is a time that's all about the leaves and the trees too.  My two recent sketches acknowledge the turning of the leaves.  After taking a tutorial, it was time to lay the leaves on paper.  I am now testing a variety of paper and I'm learning the quality and kind make a difference.   The actual photo of the leaf at top left is not that pinkish tinge as it shows here.   



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this new / old style blog. It must have been very frustrating for you writing your blog this past month or two. I dread how I will cope when Blogger completely changes. Your sketching is coming on in leaps and bounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still finding my way around the new blogger interface and just noticed I can no longer revert to the legacy interface. I am still having issues with replying to comments without a round about way of doing do. Sketching brings many hours of joy!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.