Monday, September 28, 2020

Panorama Meadows September 28, 2020

The star of today's show was the larch tree!
The days are numbered for prime larch viewing so there is no putting off another hike for another day.  I had not had my fill yet so picked Panorama Meadows as my destination for today knowing the trees were in abundance in that area.  It was a very dull bright day! I checked the temperature and conditions and assumed sunshine but sunshine I was not gifted. Yet on such a dull day, it glowed brightly.  

Until just before Taylor Lake, there is nothing to see except a trail lined with tall trees so I just made it my business to get that section over with then get on with the "remember to breathe" task which is what I came here for.    I took a few minutes at Taylor Lake.  I have been here a few times and there has never been a blue sky over top.    
I ventured up the trail beside the campground and picnic tables to find my way to Panorama Meadows.  It does not take long before you pop out into the open and are presented with grand vistas.  Yes there is snow up here, just enough to be an added bonus to the prettiness.  That is Panorama Ridge framed by the two tall larches.  
being one with the larch trees

a creek runs through it
The trees were at their prime and some beyond.  The path, the creek and the puddles were covered in needles.  A windy day and the trees will quickly bare their branches.  Working my way through the meadows was a slow go, oh such a slow go.  I took it all in just in case this is the last prime viewing of the season for me.  
The creeks were such a pretty sight.  The rocks were golden and the mossy grass so green.
I like the Panorama Meadows trail because the larch trees are right there, you brush by them as you hike along  It's a win win situation with the grand vistas of the trees and also the up close and personal feeling with them.  I was on my own up here until I began the trek back.  I met many people just on their way in and each set of people was a surprise to see because they would just appear from amongst a bunch of trees.
meadows meet mountains
I invested much time in that "remember to breathe" task and began experiencing that fulfilled feeling.  Time to turn around and take it all in again from another vantage point.  The golden path leads away from the meadow and back into the forest to Taylor Lake.  I visited the Lake again and then hit the trail to descend back to the parking lot.

Yes, the star of the show today was the larch tree!  Instead of the stars being rewarded they rewarded us. I along with many others were the recipients of a gold rated presentation.  I gladly accepted this reward and will cherish it!  Anyone who was at Panorama Meadows today was a winner!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.