Thursday, September 17, 2020

Three Lakes Valley September 17, 2020

Mid September means it's time for another reason to make your way to the mountains!  Larch season is upon us!  While I have been to Chester Lake & The Elephant Rocks, I have never been up to Three Lakes Valley and that was our destination for today. The Lake & The Rocks are quite something to see to begin with, add the golds, crimsons and yellows of autumn and you are packed a punch of beauty.  My hope was the smoke would not hinder our experience and I was pleased it did not.  At a level rating at 3 out of 10, there was no smell, no stinging of the eyes nor throat yet there was a haze that hung over.   
We arrived at The Elephant Rocks above Chester Lake to see the larch trees were making good progress in turning that golden colour.  Some I would say were at their prime.  This surprised me but then again it is mid September and we were at a higher elevation location.  
I scrambled up onto The Rocks for a bird's eye view!
view as we worked our way through Three Lakes Valley
heading for the first lake which is up over the boulders on the right
By now the breeze had died down and we were afforded a perfect reflection.  
This was designated as our lunch spot.   After dining, I scooted up slope to be one with the colours.
looking down to where my friends were
Slowly we began to gather our gear to make our way back.  We lingered in doing so, it appeared no one really wanted to leave. We sauntered slowly but surely.  I made sure to still take in all the sights and captured some sweet seconds in time.  
view of Chester Lake 

Let your heart find love!  
That was an easy task today!



2 comments:

  1. Love your trips and blog, keep it up and enjoy the trails !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Bob for stopping by for a visit and for leaving your comment!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.