Sunday, September 27, 2020

Mine & Mother Nature's

We are being blessed with wonderful weather here making it very enjoyable being 'out & about" getting our fill of Mother Nature's autumn colours.  Today I joined my sister for a walk through Bowness and Baker Parks and for lunch from Seasons Cafe afterwards.  I love mornings like these that start out crispy enough that gloves are needed and you can feel your nose and cheeks turning pink.  We also donned our downs.  We kicked off with a visit around the Lagoon then went for the loop.

She calls me "crazy!"  Those are not my feet swishing through all the leaves!
The morning was still enough to capture perfect reflections! 
Which side is right side up? 
Am I playing with you here?  
Can you tell the top from the bottom?
Lots of the leaves are already down making for pretty ground cover yet so many remain on the trees that they are still pretty too.  Walking around these two parks was a new experience for my sister.  I enjoy seeing these old familiar places to me through the eyes of someone seeing it for the first time.  We walked in spring, summer, autumn...I wonder will we wander in winter?
Colours always seem prettier by water.  I like how these trees add autumn shades to the Bow River.

While life happens, I still look forward to when we will walk again!  


My Sketching!

I have my own kind of colours! Mine are of the pencil kind and come in a tin box. Mother Nature has her shades to share these days and these are mine.  The summit register signing photo was taken on Red Peak August 28, 2019.  I have been wanting to try my hand at sketching a summit shot.  Faces are not my forte and I have no interest right now in making them so.  My selfie shots may need to be from behind!  I have taken no lessons in facial features so for this sketch, I just did the profile outline and filled it in with some light peach.  I still know its me!   

I am feeling ready for another mountainous adventure and we have a user-friendly forecast ahead!
Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. I love our adventures together..creating great memories. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have many more great memories to create!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.