Monday, September 21, 2020

Healy Pass September 21, 2020

It's short!  It's sweet!  It's larch season!
The weather forecast looked delightful for hours spent lost amongst the beauty of the golden glow!  That golden glow appears prime for a mere one to two week time range into mid September.  Within that window the larch lovers hope for sunshine, blue sky, warm temperatures, no wind nor snow nor smoke.   That total package came today, the day we say good-bye to summer.   With numerous locations to choose from to witness the glow, I picked Healy Pass.  I knew I would have lots of luck here with good parking and few other lovers.  In fact for the entire 19 kms, 726 metres of gain over 5.5 hours,  I saw 15 people.

from this point forward that golden glow glistened
a second in time when I was being one with the beauty.  
The pace from where the golden glow began right up to Healy Pass was a slow saunter.  All variables were on my side so I took tonnes of time to "remember to breathe!".  One never knows if the stars will align for tomorrow or the next day. The majority of the larch trees were at their prime, some were still green, yet there were spots where the needles were already covering the trail.
I could not have asked for anything more!  
This is it!

I reached Healy Pass and wandered around where we are permitted to do so.  This was an ideal location to love a larch.  There was enough blue in the sky with openings between the clouds for the sun to shine through.  I took time to sit on the big rock and enjoy my 100% ownership, a boiled egg, half of a turkey & ham sandwich, some multigrain rounds, a few salted pretzels and washed it all down with my gatorade water mix. Oh and of course, I let my eyes get their fill of the sights. 
The Monarch & The Monarch Ramparts
Feeling full of fulfilment, I was ready to begin the trek back.  
I had one last look behind me, then it was forward ho.  
For the hike back, I just moved while admiring the beauty knowing I already had enough wonderful photographs to hold me for this larch season if need be.  I captured one last second in time though while hiking through the final open meadow.  After this it was focusing on the rocky rooty trail that winds through the forest then after a few kilomters pops you out at the Sunshine Ski-Hill Village.  

The golden glow soothed my soul !  

2 comments:

  1. Look at your larches! Ours haven't started yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are prime here right! I hope you get to see yours at their prime time!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.