Sunday, September 20, 2020

whiling away the weekend

We booked sister time for today and when we did I prayed the air would be clear of smoke!  The forecast called for it to be gone into this morning and the forecast lived up to the hype.  We spent a few hours traipsing around Fish Creek Park filling our lungs with the fresh air, clearing out the smoke webs between the ears and admiring the autumn hues.  The Park was a happening place and it's the perfect place for the happening to be happening! 

This is our contribution to all the happenings!

the trail to lunch
We opted to pick up lunch from Annie's and savour it sitting on a bench still taking in more fresh air and still admiring the autumn hues.  Today felt like a gift!   I was reminded to be thankful for days like this when we can see blue in the sky and visibility distance goes on forever.  I wish this for those south of us in the western United States.   


Over the past couple of days I spent many hours inside where it was the easiest to breathe and where I could keep my eyes open without them stinging.  I used my eyes and my hands to lay these two photographs onto new types of sketch paper.  The mountain bluebird photo was taken at Glenbow Ranch this past Monday and the leaf photograph was taken last year in September while on a hike to Ball Pass.  Before sketching these, I learned a little about the different kinds of feathers on a bird and the other lesson I learned was sketching drops of water.   It was a treat to get away from greens, browns and greys. 

No greens, nor browns, nor greys, 
it is mid September 
and that means 
orange, red, yellow, gold. 
Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. So glad we got to spend the day together! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already looking forward to our next get together!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.