Thursday, October 1, 2020

Nose Creek Larch Trees September 30, 2020

explosion of colour at Nose Creek


Today was a day to pack up then head west for a longer drive, a longer hike, a longer day but when the time came to execute that plan I didn't have it in me to be behind the wheel.  I needed to "save the day" as it was a beautiful day and I wanted to make the most of it.  I stayed in my neighbourhood instead and explored around Nose Creek which I have done numerous times over the past years.  

Today I discovered larch trees grow here!  This type of larch tree is called the Siberian Larch.  There were about a dozen scattered throughout this section of the forest at various stages of turning colour.  Some that were hidden in the middle were still full on green.  I like the look of the larches mixed with firs and pines and spruces. 
green & gold so pretty when paired with blue & white
a larch tree as pretty as it gets
Further along into the forest shades of red appeared.  

sights along the way
The oooh and aaah moments were plentiful!
it's simple, it's pretty, it's simply pretty
This is the 9.5 km route that exploded with colour.  It's filled with lots of little ups and downs, bridges to cross, along the creek, through forests, over wide open meadows, beside short shrubs.  I could see in the distance there are additional sections that were just as bright so I know I need to go back soon while the explosion of colour is still in progress.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.