Saturday, October 17, 2020

Nose Creek decorated in sweet sugar October 17, 2020

While the snow and cold I can easily brave, it's the icy road reports that keep me close to home.  That was the case this morning.  My level of bravery got me as far as Nose Creek, Confluence Park and the Birth Forest.  The kms I can cover here accumulate and get up there all while today offering the wintry sights I had hoped to witness.   Pure winter white so sugary sweet was the topping on many of Mother Nature's designs.  

a patterned pathway

The trees and bushes were laden with the new snow. 
I dropped by to see how the siberian larch trees were progressing through this weather.  Of the dozen or so, this one was holding on and not ready to give up on autumn.  While not quite golden it still glowed under the blue sky and sunshine.
As I was getting up close and personal with the larch needles, an atmosphere optic formed.  
This sundog was the topping on my morning outing.  



1 comment:

  1. Wondrous beauty. I guess you are now busily transferring the snowy white scenes to paper.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.