Wednesday, October 28, 2020

frosty fringes

It's been awhile since I sketched the feathers of a bird or the fur of an animal.  I knew there was a more artistic way of laying those items on paper than I have been doing.   I did some homework on the technique and purchased new tools to use for the process.  Embossing tools with a variety of tip sizes should do the job.  While searching through my photo albums for a subject matter, I came across numerous frosty hair shots.  I had a light bulb moment!  The birds and animals will have to wait for another day.  
The lessons I learned while working on the above project:  *all indents from the embossing tools need to be placed before any colour is sketched,  *sketching direction cannot be the same direction as the embossing,  *loads of indents are necessary to get the desired look,  *white prisma cannot be sketched in an indent surrounded by blue polychromo.  The above frosty fringes was my second try at this project.  I knew I could improve if I tried a third time.  

My third attempt was put together from two photographs of cross-country skiing at Confederation Park in the past years.  I believe I could still improve upon the amount of frostiness.  I am sure there will be many opportunities to secure frosty fringe photos this coming winter that could become the subject for my fourth try! Stay tuned for that! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.