Thursday, October 22, 2020

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary October 22, 2020

With big fluffy flurries falling it would not be a day to admire far off wide open vistas.  With the cold temperature and the wind chill it would not be a day to stand around, but that is exactly what I did lots of today.  I didn't quite prepare properly with the level of layering to be standing around bird watching at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary but I did it anyway and for longer than I had originally planned.  Numerous surprising sights occurred which made for an interesting outing.  

I was greeted by two blue herons which was a surprise!  They should have done what the snowbirds do and that is be gone south already.  The two herons were dozing off and on and were curled and tucked into themselves looking like they were trying to stay warm. Except for the bottom right photo, I snapped that after what I believe was a sneeze by the bird!
woodpecker pecking away
I was surprised to see the muskrat!  
It was either bashful, or trying to hide, or did not want it's photo taken.  
It stood there with its paws over its face for the longest while.  
I came to the bird sanctuary to see birds and a bunny got thrown into the mix.
It did seem to be an odd day at the Sanctuary!
This surprising sight confirmed, YES this is an odd day at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary!  I do not believe they are bird watching!  They exchanged pleasantries with me as I walked by but did not share if they were having success with their sight searching!  

After a couple of hours of wandering about and standing around, 
I could almost taste homemade chai latte, 
so homeward bound it was! 
🍵


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful if chilly upside down sort of day! I'd really love to know what the police incident was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just on the news, it was part of the annual search for missing persons and evidence to crimes. The rivers are at their lowest this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a job that would be looking for clues and missing persons. No doubt a small window of opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.