Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Nose Hill Morning Glow October 13, 2020

It's easy to catch a local sunrise at this time of year.  I could sleep in and still have lots of time to get up to Nose Hill for the show.  That's what I did this morning.  I arrived in the dark but it was light enough to not need a headlamp.  The hike to the top was a bit of a slow go due to a layer of frost on the frozen ground and grass.  I reached my favourite spot only to have to share it with another watcher.  We exchanged a few pleasantries before it was time to oooh & aaah and snap snap snap!   
I love the sunrise but what happens afterwards always amazes me and it shows in this collage.  One second I am looking east and in the next split second I face west.  This is the same tree with the photos taken only a few seconds apart.  
I had two hours to spare so made the most of it and covered lots of ground admiring the beautiful colours.  The reds were so red and there was lots of it.  This time tomorrow white could be the dominant colour!  It is that time of year!


The Hill was a happening place early this morning!  Many others must have known they would be in for a treat up here.  Knowing what our forecast is for the next little while, it is best to get out while the getting out colours are red, green, gold, orange, yellow and brown.  



2 comments:

  1. Lucky you to be able to sleep in and also enjoy the autumn beauty of this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having only a five minute drive helps too!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.