Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Sparrowhawk Environs October 6, 2020

 It was splashes of colour and bubbly personalities 
that brought brightness to today!
When I stepped out my front door to begin loading gear into my car for a hike up into the Sparrowhawk Environs, I noticed my vehicle was sprinkled with ashes from the forest fire not far away.  When I returned with a second load of gear, I noticed it was now raining.  What forecast was that in, none that I checked!  After loading myself into the car and turning the wipers on for a clear view was when I noticed I had no washer fluid.  Drove down the road to a station to remedy that problem.  I motored along until I became stuck on Stony and as I sat there, a most beautiful rainbow appeared.  This had to mean something!  It was so bright and colourful and cheerful!  

We met at the trailhead and I expressed to my friend that I had been in this area only once and we were caught in a blizzard just before the tarns so we saw nothing! I hoped that today I would get to see what all the hype is about up in this area.  For our entire hike today, it was overcast and it sprinkled yet there were splashes of colour everywhere. 
Those splashes of colour were found in the ground cover, in the bushes, in trees and in my friends' attire.
my friends today
We came to a very colourful location that had trees for protection and rocks and boulders to sit on.  We picked this to be our dining spot then settled in.  I also picked this to secure my location shot.  I feel my choice of attire paired nicely with these environs. 
The larch trees are plentiful here and I even discovered some larch bushes.  The bushes were prime whereas the trees had lived their life for this season.  When the trees are past their prime is when the trails come to life becoming covered with the gold needles.  I realized it may take a third try hiking up here to experience the beauty at its best.  I will see you in 2021!


As we exited the trail out to our vehicles on the dirt 742, the sky opened, the blue appeared, the sun shone!  While it was an autumn on the verge of winter day hiking, it felt like a late summer on the verge of autumn day for the drive home.  There is beauty in it all if you are open to it!  




2 comments:

  1. I think I finally have to tell you how much I hate where you live! [tongue in cheek!] I've just discovered that when I open your blog, it doesn't automatically go your latest post. I have now read every post from your 1st in this format and the beauty of where you've enjoyed larches is overwhelming. So many choices and you most certainly make the most of them.Even the overcast day hasn't lessened today's wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen for your comment. I wonder why it does not open to the latest post! There are some things I am still trying to refigure how they work! I am thankful to have a variety of choices with so many close to home. Lately I am not always up for the longer drives.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.