Friday, February 4, 2022

"Aussie Coastal Bushwalk" Virtual Challenge 2022 Progress February 4, 2022

My intentions at the start of this virtual challenge were to post progress reports on a monthly basis. While I am still behind by 36 kms, and covering the distance still seems overwhelming, another post so soon feels like a good way to keep on top of all the gorgeous places I pass and also to keep me accountable, with myself anyway!  The blue is what I covered to date and as of this report, I am at Brunswick Heads Main Beach. When it was time to carry on from Lamington National Park, I had to backtrack to a fork in the road before heading east and then south.

The orange pin shows where I am in the grand scheme of things!

With this Conquer 2022 Virtual Challenge, there are no postcards like there were with all the other challenges I completed.  I used those postcards as learning locations.  After all, one of the reasons I am participating in these treks is for a fun way to learn about other parts of the world.  To make up for no postcards, I am allotting a bit of time to google and gain knowledge of places along the eastern coast of southern Queensland and New South Wales.  

Snapper Rocks:  This is a small rocky outcrop on the southern end of Queensland Gold Coast.  It is a point break that forms the first part of the famous surf area called the Superbank where surfers can ride continuously for a two kilometre stretch, connecting from wave to wave to wave, all the way north to Kirra Beach.  They hop a ride back to Snapper Rock and ride the waves all over again.  These photos are from google maps and I made the map location of the Superbank.


Cabarita Beach:  Also called "Caba" by the locals, this is a coastal village in the Tweed Shire located in the northeastern part of New South Wales. In 2020 this beach was named as one of Australia's best.  It is known for quiet coastal estuaries, picnic perfect grassy knolls and long expanses of sandy shores.  These photos are from Google Maps.


Brunswick Heads: It's all about the simple things in life that make this small coastal place a holiday village. It is located in Byron Shire just a hop skip and a jump north of Byron Bay.  Participating in activities that are beach and river related are ways to pass the time here.  You will also find a Nature Reserve that is a protected home to numerous animal and plant species.     

While I still have my sight set on this prize, what I see right now is very, very blurry! 


1 comment:

  1. A shame that they aren't sending you post cards!
    I am sure you will get there.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.