Thursday, February 10, 2022

Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park February 10, 2022

During February, there are gifts other than roses and chocolate!  Today's weather was a gift of the WOW magnitude!  I was out the door before the crack of dawn to catch when dawn cracked at Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park.  I arrived in loads of time and watched this new day dawn bringing with it the hope for all that is good for our world.    

Before heading down Tiger Lily, I went out to a viewpoint that offered a view of Canada Olympic Park to the east.  I used my full zoom to capture this sunrise photo.  That place stands out these days with its man-made snow and also with the gigantic flag bearing the Olympic Rings.    
heading down Tiger Lily Trail was the only spot where I donned spikes
It looks like April out here!  While it makes for very easy hiking, the dryness does cause concern.
looking back at the tail end of Tiger Lily
view while ascending Badger Bowl
Today was a hatless, gloveless, jacketless day!  I spent a little time here taking in the view, breathing in the fresh air and admiring the snow-capped peaks in the far distance.  They are beckoning me to come for another visit!  I am still game for more snowy scenery!
a close up of what is further west
The sky was awesome, the clouds were dancing with delight for the entire time I was hiking! 
I did lots of looking up today.  

playing with a slice of ice that was two inches in size


Being such a gorgeous day, I hung out at one of the shelters for quite some time. 

Days like this in February are definitely a gift!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful sunrise and I just love those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be heading west soon for more mountain therapy!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.