Thursday, February 3, 2022

skate The Ice Trail February 3, 2022


Nothing can beat an early morning skate on Lake Louise like I experienced last week!  What comes close is an early morning skate on a newly flooded Ice Trail like I experienced this morning!  I wondered what the conditions would be like after such a long stretch of above freezing temperatures.  All it took were a couple of days in the deep freeze and lots of flooding to have the ice back in fine shape.  
The Ice Trail is one way, I head east on the right to start and loop around aiming west on the left.  One of the joys of retirement is having this 1.6 kms trail to myself for close to two hours on a weekday morning.  
view of the trail that parallels the Bow River
my camera is propped up on my mittens sitting on the low wood barrier
When the ice has recently been flooded, there is silence in my etchings!
taking a moment ice-side to capture the shadows over the Bow River
view along the way
Just short of two hours later from when I started, I was ready to finish my etchings and call today's project complete!  I had that fulfilled feeling along with frosty fringes and pink nose.  Come this weekend when the weather warms again, the ice will take a toll.  Yet my skates still sit at the door until....




3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have the trail all to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beutiful scenery. So different to Brisbane Australia. We will have a maximum of 31C Today. Bruce & Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for dropping by for a visit and leaving your comment! 31C sounds so hot and even to reach that here in the summer, it would stop me in my tracks!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.