Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sunday Sunrise at Nose Hill March 27, 2022

When I woke this morning, I was in the mood to witness the dawning of a new day somewhere.  I had no idea what the sunrise would be like but I just knew I needed to be somewhere and hope for the best.  With the sun rising earlier these days, I had no time to waste so went for the short drive to Nose Hill Environmental Park, quickly huffed and puffed up the hill, then waited a few minutes.  I could tell right away it was going to be a gorgeous dawning and then this transpired!  This sight gives hope for a beautiful new day!  

I scooted up and down a few hills and watched the sky the entire time!  
After watching the sunrise, it was time to carry on with my hike.  
As I turned to hit the trail, the golden glow lit up every spot possible.  
I opted to stick to the tree lined dirt trails.
I eventually landed at Nose Hill Lake and it remains in an overflowing state.
I felt the clouds drew me towards certain trails.....
.....as did the birds' songs!  The Robins were there by the dozens.    
The Black-Capped Chickadees were plentiful too!  I noticed this little one with a couple of feathers sticking out on its side  I thought maybe they just needed to be fluffed a bit and would fall into place, but they remained like that.  
While I think I have heard sparrows, this is my first sighting this season, it's an American Tree Sparrow!

After hiking around the hills for a couple of hours, it was time to aim down hill along the slopes that get hit with lots of sun. It was here I checked for the beginnings of crocuses but I spotted nothing.  I will return in a few days and check again as they should be sprouting any day now!



1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.