Friday, March 18, 2022

Waterton Lakes National Park Day 3 March 18, 2022

After breakfast and before checking out, I walked along the lakeshore to enjoy the early morning views.  There is not much of Waterton Lake that is free from ice.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, spring is further down the road this year than it was this time last year.  This section was free enough to offer a reflection of the Prince of Wales Hotel. 

Large slabs of ice were floating around which made for pretty pictures.  
There is not as much open water as it looks.  
the light reflecting in a small open spot on Waterton Lake
This is a view of the harbour and the boat docks.  
The light is casting a glow on Crandell Mountain.
a section where there are many ice slices near the shore

You can see the new Kilmorey Hotel in the middle.  I imagine it will be open this summer. 

There is something about Waterton that keeps me coming back no matter what the season!  Even during the busy summer season, it is possible to get out on some hiking trails and be away from it all.  I enjoyed when I was there last July and in September and I think I would like to try going in September again.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing beauty! it is on 'to do' list, but I doubt I will ever get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I can virtually share with you my experiences in Waterton!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.