Thursday, June 9, 2022

Bow Valley Park Trails June 9, 2022

A spring-time hike along these trails in Bow Valley Provincial Park was a first for me!  It is typically winter when I wander here.  With wildflowers blooming, my hope was to experience a variety of sightings.  As it turned out, it was a tad early for a profusion but the wildflower season has begun.  Hiking began under a gorgeous sky with a short sleeve shirt and light layer overtop temperature.  From the trailhead a tease was presented by a peek through the trees to the mountains peaks.

The lake was low yet the river was running high.  There is a higher snow pack in the mountains this year and we are waiting for a warm stretch for the melting to truly start.   Many mountain locations are still not accessible, reservations have been cancelled by the Parks and avalanche warnings are in place.
following a trail through the forest and where we began to see wildflowers
a creek that leads out to the Bow River
These are a few of the wildflowers that I had success with capturing clear photos.  Over the eleven kilometres that we covered, there was only one paintbrush (the red flower).  There were a few other varieties that I took photos of but they did not turn out.  I am feeling I need to head out on my own one day soon so I can take tonnes of time to get down and be one with the ground to get wildflower photos.
We arrived at the Bow River and picked this to be our lunch spot.  
While the river looks calm, it was running high and wild.   
The majority of wildflowers were spotted during the morning hours.  The afternoon hours offered up more time in the forest, meadow views and lakeside hiking.  It warmed up as the hours went on and a breeze picked up too.
a gorgeous meadow

I would like to go back here in another week or so when the wildflowers should be more plentiful.  The only thing is, there are many, many other hiking areas that will present the same scenario of pretty views with wildflowers galore!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.