Saturday, June 25, 2022

Watercolour Waterton

When I wander to Waterton, I enter a world of wild and wonderful!  This National Park is a three hour drive south from my home.  In previous years this was a place I would venture to for just the day (15-20 hours), always attacking a big hike.  That's not the case in my retirement years, now I go for a few days at a time. I enjoyed four of these types of trips in the past year and a half. Waterton is worthy of that!

I completed a blog project of separating out my Waterton and Jasper trips as you can see on the left side of the main page.  I sketched and painted a scene from a photograph I took during one of my visits to both parks.  This is my watercolour painting for Waterton!  This is the view as you are welcomed and just short of where you officially pass through the Park Gate.   

This is the photo I used as a reference.  It was captured when I ventured wayward to Waterton in March of 2021.  Last year the snow pack was on the low side and the weather was warm.

Stay tuned for more wonderful Waterton write-ups coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.