Thursday, June 30, 2022

Waterton Lakes National Park She's a Beauty June 2022

In addition to the hikes I completed in Waterton Lakes National Park, I visited many other locations inside the Park and just outside of it.  Also each evening I walked a few kilometres around the townsite trails. I have photos to share of some of the sights I saw.

view towards Waterton from a pull off not far from the park entrance


There are a few locations within the Park where you will find the "red chairs".  I relaxed for a bit in this set that offers a view of Upper Waterton Lake and the Prince of Wales Hotel. 
view of reflection in Maskinonge Lake from picnic area
that white dot area in the middle is the Park Gate
view of reflection in Maskinonge Lake from Maskinonge Overlook
One morning, I got up and out early to walk the couple of minutes over to Upper Waterton Lake to watch the sunrise.  On this morning it rose at 5:35am.  I could see a couple of people up on the hill by the Prince of Wales Hotel and also a couple up on the Bears Hump.  Another couple did join me at the lakeshore.  
being one with the dawning of a brand new day
Every evening I walked a few kilometres around town.  This is a view looking towards Crandall Mountain and the Bears Hump.  The creek leads to Upper Waterton Lake which is behind me and the campground is located just outside of the photo on both sides of the creek .
view on a breezy day
You have your breezy days and then you have your windy days which Waterton is known for.  This is what you get when the gusts hit 70kms/hr.  On this day when I walked by the tent section of the campground, I saw many tents down, whether that was done purposely or not, I do not know.  
crashing waves on Upper Waterton Lake
I visited the Paddock twice.  This photo was taken on my second visit when the Bison were close just as you drive down the big hill.  There were two babies, you can see one walking towards the water and the other is feeding from the mom that is to the left of the baby.

Mom and her two babies
I captured this photo on my first visit.  I love the heart shaped pond!
Cedar Waxwings at the Buffalo Paddock
Mom feeding her baby




2 comments:

  1. I've just caught up on all the posts I've missed with being away. I always love your visits to Waterton and again this visit has been exceptional. Wonderful photgraphy and writing of this awesome part of your world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Helen! There is something special about Waterton, it still remains a bit wild compared to other National Park townsites.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.