Monday, December 12, 2022

Mountain Spirit December 11, 2022

After a busy morning, I then loaded up my vehicle to the brim and aimed for the highway west to get my fill of that mountain spirit!  There was not much time on my side before I could check in to my home away from home so I took a quick side trip to Two Jack Lake. It had that later in the day look. 

Before leaving home, I checked all conditions and Banff was reporting warmer temperatures than Calgary.   While it was minus single digits and even though there was no wind, it felt much colder.  Ahh that mountain air is a part of that mountain spirit!
Conditions of the lake looked sketchy for venturing very far out. It was obvious people had worked their way out a bit as I could see frozen footprints where they had sunk through.  I stuck to the shore line and played with perspective.
three elk were basking in the late day sun

It was time to check into my home away from home.  
My place is called a “wolf condo”! 
It adds to that mountain spirit feeling.  


The enhancement package that I ordered was waiting for me in the fridge! 
It took a little while to get settled in.  Time then came to get a fire going, pour a glass of wine, put my feet up and savour some snacks.  I am already beginning to feel that mountain spirit work its wonders!







2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that I would want to stay at wolf lodge but for the rest, I would be there in a flash, if I could! The elk and ice perspective are wondrous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in the wolf condo feels like a warm hug!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.