Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Mountain Spirit December 14, 2022

The CP Holiday Train rolled into Banff last night but I did not attend the party.  Instead, first thing this morning before it got light and before departure time, I went over to the Banff Train Station to have a look. It was quite the sight to see!  I walked along the tracks for the entire stretch of the train.  Each car was nice but this was my favourite.  I like the snow-capped mountain peaks with the moon on top of the middle peak. There was lots of mountain spirit to be found here! 

Here are a few photos of the train.








This was a perfect morning to visit downtown and invest some cash.  
It was quiet, it was cold, it was snowy. 
This is the look I find inviting!  
a view down Banff Avenue towards Cascade Mountain
Look at this!  My Friend’s artwork was on the shelves in one of the gallery shops.  Two years ago I bought a print of her piece called “Lost Whispers”.  If you click on the link, you will see it under Nature & Wildlife Collection.  This craft called fire art has become her passion and her full time business. It’s nice to see how far she has come!
The sports clothing store was where I made an investment.  I had been eyeing this top on their website for a long time.  My thinking was if I go in the store and they still have it and it’s in my size then it was meant to be that I have it.  It was there, it was in my size, it was on sale, it’s now mine!

After making a few other purchases in some of my favourite Banff stores, I could feel that mountain spirit taking hold.  I already covered many kilometres shopping but before heading back to my home away from home, I added a couple more kilometres through the forest seeing the sights along the Fenland Loop. 
one of the signs along the way
I like this one for the bird at the bottom.
Then I saw this Song Sparrow!
By the time I was half  way through, the sky began to clear.
The mountains became more visible.

I called it a day and retreated to where 
I could enjoy comforts filled with that mountain spirit!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.