Friday, December 9, 2022

Skate The Ice Trail December 9, 2022

A few days later made a world of difference in the conditions of The Ice Trail at Bowness Park!  What was the same though was that as I arrived the groomer had completed his work and was on his way elsewhere.  Given it was a half hour later start for me than on Sunday, him and I were still on a similar schedule. 

The lights that decorate the trees were out by the time I began skating but the sun was up and the moon was full!  The new snow was a bonus as now white was more dominant.  The boulders lining the river looked deliciously like marshmallows.
That golden glow as the day dawns!
I was owning the ice so it did not matter which direction I skated.  
The "one way" signs are not in place this season.
view of the Bow River from The Ice Trail
This is a video showing a short portion of where The Ice Trail winds through the trees.

It was a much colder morning than I was expecting.  I dressed for what the forecast said and added an extra layer knowing it is always a tad colder by the river yet I still could have used an even warmer layer.  I spent more time skating where I could feel the sun.
The fireplace was already cleaned up from yesterday 
and a new batch of wood placed for today's enthusiasts.  

As I was adding a few extra minutes of skating to reach ten kilometres, a fellow began to place his etchings.  With The Ice Trail now officially open, it will become a popular place.  As I was leaving the Park, I noticed the groomer was clearing the snow off the Lagoon.  Tis the season!


1 comment:

  1. T'is a chilly, wonderful, magical season of exquisite beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.