Monday, December 12, 2022

Mountain Spirit December 12, 2022

A sure fire way to get a heaping fill of that mountain spirit is to skate on Lake Louise!  I arrived at the shore of the lake not long after sunrise to see a beckoning sheet of ice that was twice it’s usual size.  The empty benches were lined up only a few feet from the ice.  The weather was perfect and a pink glow filled the sky.  Everything I needed to perfectly frame this morning was present. Speaking of framing, that’s Victoria Glacier that I put a frame around!

Lake Louise was clear and flooded very close to the boathouse.
It was also clear and flooded further away from The Chateau.
While my video is close to a minute long, ten seconds works best on blogger.  
I skated along the middle of the ice towards the glacier.  
Adventure Designer made this stained glass skate for me which I shared with you in our Peyto Lake skate story.  Here it sits on Lake Louise. That is Big Beehive to the right and Fairview Mountain to the left and for both, my first summits of those were with her in June and September of 2009.  Perfectly placed to play with perspective!

Time came to change over to my hiking boots to walk across Lake Louise to the far end.  I had a feeling climbers would be there as they were gearing up in the parking lot when I was getting ready to head off to skate. I watched them for awhile.

Yes, snow down on me mountain spirit!
I found a spot with a view to settle into for my lunch break.  
As you can see, there was no wind, not even a slight breeze.  
view while walking back to The Chateau
When I arrived back,
 I took a little time to admire the scenery and walk around some of the pathways.  




On the drive back to my home away from home, I could feel that feeling you feel when you are full of that mountain spirit.  The day was ideal already yet I had a little more savouring to enjoy!  



6 comments:

  1. Spectacular, magical Lake Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, skating on that lake would be a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over the years while skating there, I have chatted with numerous visitors who said by skating on Lake Louise they were living out a dream or checking off a bucket list item.

      Delete
  3. So nice that they flooded a larger area this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they continue to flood a larger area, they will need bigger, better equipment to do the flooding.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.