Saturday, March 4, 2023

Skate Bowness Park (Canal & Lagoon) March 3, 2023

When you chase outdoor ice, you take your chance!  

First things first, I wandered over to the ice to check conditions!  The sign said "rough ice", which it said every time this winter that I was there, except one time it was at "wet ice".  The Lagoon looked rough, the groomers were sweeping and flooding it.  The Canal looked freshly groomed and smooth.  
I took the chance and went for it!  
The sun was high and bright yet it was still cold enough.
With a bright high sun comes a long shadow.
Along with the bright sun and the warmth from it, come Black-Capped Chickadees singing a cheerful tune!  You can see two little chickadees sitting in the tree. From all the bird courses I took, I believe that singing was warning each other, here comes a skater watch out!

today's greeting

The Canal all shiny and smooth! 
view as I veered off and skated past the Ice Bikes
The distance I skated today was 16 kms which brings me to 179 kms in total so far this winter.  I was ready to call it a day after the 16kms.  On my way back to the car, I noticed the decorations on the trees.  I wonder were they there all winter and I just did not see them! This is one of the trees.

Snowshoeing, skating and cross-country skiing are three of the numerous activities available in the Park.  

I will declare that my mission to chase ice today was a success!  
With cold weather forecasted in the coming days, that means potential for more chasing ice!





2 comments:

  1. Just marvellous. I love the knitted skate boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skates are so cute! I wonder what the spring decorations will be!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.