Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Nose Hill Environmental Park March 1, 2023

What I hoped for, I got, tenfold!  I wished for a blue sky with some of those fluffy puffy clouds that I love so much!  I wanted there to be a nice covering from the new snow that fell overnight!  I hoped to be drawn in and left speechless!  Welcome to what Nose Hill Park and March 1st blessed me with this morning!

It's not a long drive from home to here yet I breathed a sigh of relief when I arrived safely given rush hour was very rushy and road conditions were sketchy.  After scooting up the short hill from the parking lot, this was what I saw!  
This is the first map I came upon! 
The snow filled in the letters!
Even after only a kilometre, I knew I was in for something.  I needed the four upper layers and the long johns under the snow pants.  It was cold with a bit of wind.  Thankfully the wild wind stayed away which meant the frost and crystals and snow all stayed in place.
a multitude of delicate crystals
I left the bench untouched so others could enjoy its covering.
being drawn in, but...
...not left speechless, only while recording the video!  

Speechless?  
On the far right, see that tiny perfect star shaped snowflake 
sitting on the very tip of another snowflake!
Speechless?  Yes!
This view is, um, let's see, it's, ah, it's......!
I'm speechless!
the wonders of nature
continuing to be drawn in
and drawn in further

What an incredible couple of hours I experienced this morning!  


The sky was incredibly beautiful today.  
I am sharing this with Skywatch Friday.

6 comments:

  1. Incredible beauty! A true winter wonderland.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More winter wonderland is in the forecast, that excites me!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely magnificent! The snow appears so deep but soft and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow was about a foot in places yet very soft and fluffy so easy to swish through!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.