Monday, October 2, 2023

Bowness, Baker, Bowmont for The Colours October 2, 2023

With all this lovely weather, plus the gorgeous autumn colours and with only a few dozen kilometres left on my Nakasendo Trail Virtual Challenge, I want to be "out & about" as much as possible.  Soon, all three of those reasons will come to an end.  Today's calling came from the trio Bowness + Baker + Bowmont Parks where I could cover a good distance connecting the three.  

Bowness Park is where I kayaked this summer and skated last winter, both of which offered up fun times and pretty scenery.  Right now it is between seasons, yet this season here is pretty too.  Being a calm morning, reflections were perfect.  
 The colours were prime & pretty along the Bow River.

Today, October 2nd, the Trail looked like this!


Last December 4th, the Trail looked like this! I captured this photo while skating. Potentially, in two months, I could be lacing up my skates and etching new designs on a beautiful blank canvas. 


Baker Park in on the opposite side of the Bow River from Bowness Park and this is where the Siberian Larch Trees are located.  I meandered off the main walkway towards another forest area in search of the golden needles.  They were as prime as could be which is a bit early this time around.   


In another area of the Park, I watched the leaves fall from this tree.  
I like this look with two leaves falling to the ground.


Bowmont Park came next!  The shades of autumn were stunning!  This Park is a great place for spotting birds and ducks. The only birds I saw today were Black-Capped Chickadees, yet there were loads of ducks.  There were two ponds to stroll around and many dirt trails through the treed areas.   I made sure to "remember to breathe" here because I know, with a day or so of winds, the trees will be bare.  







6 comments:

  1. Love the fact that autumn comes early to your corner. I had to look up the places and discovered you are on the outskirts of Calgary. Happy memories of a visit over twenty years ago with my family and a very large camper van. We did the Rockies. One of my all time favourite holidays. I’m looking forward to following along. It’s good to find a new blogging friend. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have a camper van and and hit the Rockies! My tent will do for when I am able to get a camping spot. I googled Jersey to see where you are and now I see why your blog is called "Coastal Ripples"!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's feeling like summer these October Thanksgiving days with high temperatures!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post, love the fall colors, and especially liked your comparison of the trail now to last December 4th. And if, in a couple of months, you lace up your skates, to etch some new designs on the Bow River, I hope you will take us along! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be sharing my skating adventures on here! It will soon be time to get my skates sharpened!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.