Sunday, October 15, 2023

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary October 15, 2023

Yesterday I went to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary for a usual weekend wander and came away disappointed!  The fog was dense offering very little visibility which also meant there was no way to even recognize that a partial eclipse was taking place.  I cut my visit short and returned home feeling chilled to the bone and with no photos to admire.  This morning, I had a plan in place until the very last second when I came to the Sanctuary turn off, I took that turn off instead of carrying on.  Something inside me said go back!  I arrived to a most beautiful sunrise!  


After admiring the sky and the reflections, something looked different, that was when I noticed the closure fences were no longer in place after almost two years of being in place.   I found out from a fellow who was there yesterday closer to noon, they were removed just before he got there.  I got excited!  I followed the now open trail to see where it lead.

The trail followed along side a new creek which flows from the Bow River to the Lagoon and beyond.  I stopped here to look back at the trail I followed and to admire the view. 

The trail now leads directly to the Outdoor Learning Centre. 
Just before the learning centre is a new pedestrian bridge, it's called "Log Jam".
sitting on one of the benches on the "Log Jam" bridge
At the far end of the bridge are windows.  This is the view out the northwest window.
this is the view out the south window showing the new creek
After crossing the new bridge the trail winds around and leads towards where the old trail was.
The old trail was shorter and came out here.  You would never know there was a trail behind the logs.  

After exploring the new area, it was time to carry on and visit the old.

I have no bird photos to share with you.  It's that time of year!  There were the usual suspects which I watched off and on.  I preferred the scenery today as days like this are numbered.  With so many leaves down now, you can see into the soul of the Sanctuary.  I spotted deserted nests I never knew were there.  
lots of leaves in the lagoon.....
.....and loads more on the trails

After collecting many photographs and kilometres, I called it a day and aimed for the exit but took one last look down the new trail and thought what this might look like in a month or so with some new white gold.  




6 comments:

  1. This is just a great post. Really enjoyed all your photos of the newly opened trail at Inglewood Bird Sanctuary. That first image … the sunrise … is an award winner if I’ve ever seen one. Congrats on that excellent capture! You definitely have the “eye” for what makes a cool image … another excellent example: leaves on the lagoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your comment! I call it "remember to breathe" (after a tv commercial many years ago advertising Alberta) to me means noticing every little thing Mother Nature has to offer. Before doing this, I probably would not have thought much of leaves in the water.

      Delete
  2. The reflections are amazing.
    I have never seen a scene as beautiful as that of the leaves floating on the lagoon.
    In December I will visit a bird sanctuary too (Orbetello lagoon).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for dropping by with your comment! I wonder what kind of weather you will have in December at Orbetello Lagoon. I look forward to seeing your post after your visit there.

      Delete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful, magical morning! The colours, reflections and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was everything I enjoy about that place, seeing a few more birds would be nice but most of them have gone south for the winter.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.