Sunday, March 3, 2024

Grand Canyon Virtual Challenge COMPLETE March, 2024

The last day of lazily floating down the Colorado River brought me 

to the finish line of the Grand Canyon Virtual Challenge! 


My hope was to skate my way to the finish line but with so much snow falling yesterday and then very cold and windy this morning, I stuck closer to home and walked my way to end of the Virtual Challenge.  As if enough snow was not falling all ready, I made more fall!

the view was a winter wonderland of snow falling

If I did not get out early and get the kilometres done this morning then it would not happen!  It was a bitterly cold wind chill that could bite to the core but I was prepared and braced against it. Your welcome to those that would come later.  I was the first on the trail at first light and broke trail most of the way.

What story does this tell?

While I was ahead of plan, I still wanted to finish today!

from the start at top right to the finish at bottom left

the final postcard

nearing the end I find myself floating along side a pontoon of partiers

part of the postcard story
"When I began this journey at Lees Ferry, I didn't know what to expect beyond steep canyon walls and hundreds of rapids. The Grand Canyon is much more than a spectacular geologic formation. It is filled with stories of ancient people who occupied it and pioneers who explored it. It is full of brave explorers who tackled it, scientists who wanted to understand it, photographers who wanted to capture its essence and travellers who wanted the thrill of the experience. Stories have abounded since its early sighting, be they stories of triumph, disaster, or mysteries. Now, I can add my story to it, too."





No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.