Thursday, March 7, 2024

Lake Louise March 7, 2024



Ready! Set! Go!  I was looking forward to cross county skiing along the Bow River and throughout the campground. With much more snow now compared to when I was last here, I knew I was in for loads of beauty. Before heading here, I checked the Parks Reports where it stated the route was last groomed the end of February. That’s not the best news, but I didn’t care. Ready! Set! Go!

It was good to get out early to capture the whispy clouds that decorated the sky!

WEEEE so much fun!

sun shining in on the picnic table at the Campground
ice formation hanging from the roof 

WEEE more fun!

when skiing through here there is only one track to follow, but if you
are snowshoeing you can go wherever your heart desires 
view of Mount Temple

It was so peaceful here this morning!  There were no other skiers yet.  I took time while crossing the bridge to just take it all in and let everything about these few minutes to fuel my heart and soul!

I aimed to ski back to my vehicle so I could head to my home away from home, fuel my stomach, change my sporting attire then be Ready! Set! Go! again.  Before doing that, dinner plans were put in place with Adventure Designer. 

With an hour to fill, I headed to the community centre to add more kilometres to my skates. For the first twenty minutes, I shared the ice with a hockey player who was practicing his plays.  He hooked up his device to the speaker system and music played while he practiced and I skated.

employees were clearing the snow off the roof while I skated

WEEE this is so much fun!

Nine kilometres of skating was enough to be ready to fuel my stomach again!
Oh what a diner plan we had in place!



2 comments:

  1. I'm reading your posts backwards, as so little time to keep up at the mo. Another brilliant blue sky winter's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your time spent being "out & about" and "on the go" and "Marching" sure beats spending time on the computer!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.