Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Lake Louise March 5, 2024



The lion that March came in like called my name to come enjoy the winter wonderland around Lake Louise!  I answered that call knowing it would be beautiful and also a friend would be close by and we could share some wonderland time of some sort. I was apprehensive about the driving conditions after reading reports. I breathed a sigh of relief after the hour of white knuckle driving stretch was over with. 

I arrived at Lake Louise to see her dressed in a multitude of layers of that new white gold!




I needed to stretch my legs, clear the drive from my mind, breathe in the mountain air, feel the cold on my cheeks and savour the experience of when a snow flake lands on my nose! I got all that walking the trail along the lake shore to the far end.  With avalanche ratings at high, there was no going beyond where the ice climbers were.

the sun did not shine bright but it lit up the top of the tree



This was the first time I ever saw an ice climber behind the ice falls. 

walking on the other side of the lake by the cabin

With time to pass and needing a little more exercise,
 I skated for an hour at the indoor/outdoor community centre rink. 

wind whipping up the snow on the other side of the rink’s barrier

an employee brought in hockey jerseys while I was changing back into my boots 
there is to be a good ole hockey game tonight

Checked into my home away from home!  
Unpacked!
Relaxed!
That’s the blanket I knitted!


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely, totally, magically and amazing start to this wee break at Lake Louise. Your water colour is just as perfect and the rug, a master piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Helen! These wee breaks feel like they last forever and I like it like that!

      Delete
  2. I’m certainly enjoying your wonderful snow pictures this winter. All so beautiful. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful Lake Louise received the much needed snow and that I got to play in it!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.