Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Kayaking at Forgetmenot Pond July 17, 2024


🛶🛶🛶🛶🛶

My kayak has been sitting near the front door for weeks with intentions of putting it in water somewhere long before today. This was the perfect morning for an early drive to Forgetmenot Pond out in Kananaskis for my first kayaking session of the season.  Two vehicles were leaving when I arrived, the people stopped by in their pyjamas, from a nearby campground, to have their coffee.  It was me, my kayak and The Pond for about forty-five minutes then a few others arrived! I inflated the kayak at my vehicle then carried it for the minute walk to the water.  It's ready to go!

And so am I!
 
The last time I kayaked was near the end of August last year.  
It felt good to be back at it although I think my arms will be sore tomorrow!


I held my camera just above the water to snap this shot.
(it's my small camera and was on a cord and carabiner hooked to my lifejacket)

video of my surroundings

After a few laps around, I aimed for the middle of The Pond, put my feet up, relaxed back and just took it all in for an extended period of time. I had not planned on being in my kayak for the two hours that I was.  I had no food nor water with me, but I didn't want to leave.

Trying to be artistic in capturing unique photos!  

I was over dressed in a long sleeve wicking shirt, and I could have gone with bare feet in my sandals but I put neoprene socks on under them.  By now it was quite hot.  It was time to paddle to the shore, gear down then head on home.
While paddling to the shore, the reflection of the paddle caught my eye.  It was so clear!  The water was deep enough in the middle that I could not see the bottom.  

This was a perfect introduction to kayaking this season. 


9 comments:

  1. It would be cool out there in the morning. I can see why you put in 2 hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have used another layer if I were just sitting at the shore at that hour of the morning when I arrived.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun time, love the scenery and pond! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect spot & day to get out on the water! ❤️ Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that place is packed mid day on these hot days!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.