Thursday, September 19, 2024

3 short stories

🌔   🌕   🌖

There was much buzz about September's full moon with it being the Harvest Moon, a Supermoon and with there being a partial eclipse of the moon on the night when it was at its' fullest.  I spent some time moon watching but I did not watch the partial eclipse although it was visible here.  Each of the mornings of the 16th, 17th and 18th, I woke early.  I think it may have been my subconscious being curious about the moon. Donned in house coat and slippers with camera in hand, I stepped out onto my deck to at least see if the moon was visible. It was, even though it was in a slightly different location each of those mornings. This collage shows the photos I captured at 4:00am each morning.  I have three more full moon paintings and stories to share this year.  My 2025 Many Moons Calendar was ordered and is due to arrive on Friday.  I am already thinking about what can I focus on to paint next year to create a calendar for 2026!  I am open to any suggestions you may have!




🤗  🌲  🐦
It was a welcoming feel and sight arriving at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary on this morning after a white-knuckle drive in rush hour traffic!  The birds' sweet tunes, foliage so full, shades of summers' end collectively offered me a warm embrace.   I left all worries behind as I sauntered along the dirt trail getting joyfully lost in the present.  Lately while "out & about" birding, I am walking more between stops, the birds are not as plentiful due to migration, yet there is still fulfillment in each visit. The collage below shows a few of my favourite sightings: White-crowned Sparrow, Hairy Woodpecker, Greater Yellowlegs, Ground Squirrel, American Robin.  



🍁  🍲  🖌

With Autumn approaching, pair that with cool mornings and also pair it with fall shades showing, my mind wandered off to thoughts of coziness and comfort food.  As it is getting lighter later in the morning now, I have a bit of time to pass before heading out the door to be "out & about".  I filled some of that time   by creating watercolour comforts.  I am enjoying the transition to autumn but I am not quite ready to fully commit to being one with it yet!  I envision the scone and soup bringing comfort in a couple of months!  What is your go to comfort that brings you coziness? 




1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.