Monday, September 23, 2024

Nose Hill all dressed up for Autumn September 23, 2023


There is always a good reason to hike up on Nose Hill!  The last time I went it was to see the goats, the goats left last week, so today I went for other reasons!  Wanting to get my fill of fresh air and exercise were two of the reasons but the main one was to see the autumn shades.  

I got the last few minutes of the morning glow!

The colours were right there as soon as I stepped out of my vehicle and they were everywhere.  

It seems this time around, I just can't get enough of the moon!  

Every turn in front of me, I took it!  They took me to places where I was in my glory being in the middle of autumn shades.  What I began to notice were the clouds, they must have been full of music because they danced for my entire hike.  I was on cloud 9!

With all the rain we received on Friday, 
I wondered if the pond would be full again!  
I arrived to this view!

One minute I had this view then turned my head in another direction.....

.....and had this view!

My mind was already wandering and wondering!  Could I do those clouds justice by recreating them in a watercolour painting?  At times they were a distraction from admiring the autumn hues!  Where do I look?  What do I admire?  So much beauty!  It's overwhelming!  It's fulfilling!  


Then I have to make a decision, which path do I take?
I know I can't go wrong which ever direction I head!

I picked the trail that lead me to a view with yet different kinds of clouds.

Yup!  That's the moon up there!

I made a big loop which brought me back to the pond and this is what faced me when I arrived.  I used this photo as my reference for the watercolour painting at the first of this blog post.  

 
How do clouds like that even form?

a wide angle view of the amazing clouds

I wandered and wondered lots up on Nose Hill this morning!  
In fact, I did Eleven kilometres worth!

Path after path after path and I could have carried on with even more path after path after path but it was time to head on home and see if I could do justice with those clouds in a watercolour painting!  I am content with the outcome but realize I need a lesson or two on how to paint clouds!  



6 comments:

  1. It's hard to think that this area was once farmed. A person I taught with went to visit her Grandpa who farmed on Nose Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding out many wonderful stories about Nose Hill! It holds lots of history!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos, I love the skies and the pretty Autumn colors. The reflection of the pond is beautiful. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sky was amazing and it was again the next day too!

      Delete
  3. Amazing cloud formations. I can hear a full orchestra making them dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They continued dancing into the following day!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.