Saturday, September 28, 2024

birding autumning painting September 28, 2024

It was a bounty of beauty
too much for one frame
colourful tree after tree
happy t'was here I came!

Autumn can be fleeting so I am filling these precious hours and days with the season's sights of all sorts!  I have been looking back at previous years late September and early October postings, I googled to see what others are currently seeing, I have been walking the local trails admiring the colours and I created this simple watercolour painting.  

When heading out this morning, my hope was to see some birds that may not have migrated yet but more so to witness Mother Nature's autumn presentation.  Many things lately motivate me to get out there and one of them is that I have a story and photos to share so I can participate in Eileen's critter party!  When I arrived at Carburn Park this morning my first thought was here we go once again, those clouds are still full of music and have so much dancing left in them to give.  

Fulfillment came in short order!  The colours and the reflections were incredible right from the get go!  I shared space with a few other picture takers, all of us in awe of what we were witnessing.  At these split seconds in time, thoughts about anything other than what I was seeing were completely erased from every corner of my mind.  

it was a bounty of beauty 
colourful tree after tree

I heard the call of the wild so left the ponds behind and 
followed a trail that would take me to even more beautiful sights.  

You're still here was my thought when I saw a group of pelicans!  
I chatted with others who were also surprised to see a group of eight had not migrated yet.  

Ring-necked Duck

White-breasted Nuthatch
they will be here throughout winter

Yellow-rumped Warbler
a few still hanging around here

Black-capped Chickadee
they will be here throughout winter

watching the river run

Feeling content with the birds that I did see and was able to capture photographs of, I then took a little more time to admire the scenery before leaving the park.  There were a few locations where the fallen leaves were accumulating but I still want a bigger pile before I go "swishing".
reflection
perfection

Speaking of reflections, I created this watercolour painting!  
six mountain peaks
reflecting in water
form three W's
that tell a story
Wildly Wonderful Waterton

Stay Tuned!





4 comments:

  1. Hello, Alexandra

    Your photos of the sky and water are beautiful. I love the colorful trees and the reflection on the lake.
    Beautiful variety of birds, the White Pelicans are a favorite! Your sketches are lovely too. Wonderful post.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful reflection photos & love the black capped chickadee. Looking forward to seeing another of your adventures to “WWW”. ❤️Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is very beautiful and gives nature some whimsy! Love the small birds, especially the nuthatch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos. Thank you very much.
    The leaves haven't started to change color here yet.
    A hug goes to you.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.