Monday, January 17, 2022

"Aussie Coastal Bushwalk" Virtual Challenge 2022 progress January 17, 2022

This challenge has only been in the works for 18 days so far and already I feel overwhelmed by it!  I am behind the plan of attack by a long shot. I won't even go there with excuses!  When I joined in on this challenge, I got to create a mission statement that you can see below the distance goal.  Even though I am behind, what I have covered so far has done what it was meant to do.     

This morning's goal was to hit the trail and stay moving on it for two hours.  I accomplished that but did stop for a few minutes to admire the moon before it dipped below the horizon.
This is what I virtually covered so far!  
After today's actual urban hike, I finally crossed into Lamington National Park.
This is a stretch of Broadbeach near Brisbane in Queensland.  We flew here from Sydney in New South Wales to stay for a week.  We stayed in a condo which was owned by my friend's family. It was a block from the beach in amongst those towers and each morning began with a walk on that beach.  I captured this photo from google earth. 
Here are two views I captured from google maps which are along the virtual route I am trekking.
The Nook and Kranny Cafe 
Rosin's Lookout on the way to Lamington National Park

While staying in Broadbeach, I went on an extensive private day tour.  I sat up front with the driver/guide while we made our way to several locations by venturing off road in this vehicle.  One of the places we did go to was Lamington National Park.  That is where I am now virtual on this "Aussie Coastal Bushwalk" Virtual Challenge and here I am when I was actually there.  

One of the purchases I made at the Park was a boomerang.
On the back it says "made to return"! 
It lives up to that quote every time I throw it.  

 



4 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race!
    I had coffee at the Nooky Kranny when I was sweeping for the Kokoda Challenge several years ago and I've had a few picnics at Rosins Lookout after hiking at Binna Burra in the distance RHS.
    Maybe the boomerrang will return with you some day in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boomerang has lots of wear and tear on it but it still has many miles to go! I got a bit confused with the route I picked for this challenge and already had to make some minor adjustments and those changes took me along the road where that cafe and lookout are. I am thinking the route should be clearer when I am back on the coast.

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to do the conversion math...seems pretty far. Good luck. But I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's far, I just need to get my mo-jo back then make some headway.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.