Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Mountain Therapy Escape Day 2 January 25, 2022

After winter hiking to Boom Lake last year, I knew for sure I wanted to go there again and today was the day to venture there.  I was first to arrive at the parking lot after a thankfully easy, short, clear, dry drive on the 93S.  It was a bit overcast with some winter fog as I set off.  The trail is right through that opening on the right.   
This photo puts it all into perspective on the amount of snow!  
From reviews I knew I would be OK with just my spikes so left my snowshoes in the car.  Being on my own, I had no intentions of going off trail. As you can see the trail is well packed by the weekend warriors.  It was such a peaceful feeling to be working my way through this forest of snow laden trees.  
I was smiling wide too!
It was a cold morning here!
winding through the forest
After a few final descends ascends and descends, I arrived at Boom Lake.  
This was the view to my left...,,
...,,and this was the view to my right!
Ahhh!  Sigh!  The beauty here was incredible!  
After snapping a few shots from this location, I continued on a short distance to where I could settle for awhile to savour a snack and the scenery.  This was my wide open amazing view.  While it was cold here there was no wind.  The time did come when I was ready to head on back.

I stood in this spot and just listened to the sound of silence!
that looks like a dairy queen ice cream on the left
I arrived back at the bridge with the parking lot being just around the corner.  
When I pulled up to my chalet, I saw a new bundle of wood, kindling and paper sitting at the door.  I unloaded my gear and before doing anything else, I got a fire going!    

Ahhh!  Sigh!


 

1 comment:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.