Wednesday, August 16, 2023

memories made

It's been easy these past few days to make time to paint!  Inside where I found cool comfort, I let my mind wander to where I was last week. When my mind went there, this was the outcome!  Each painting measures 6.5 inches by 6.5 inches.  I purchased a script brush and used it to make the grass in the Kootenai Lake painting, the burned trees at Crandell Lake and the tree reflections in Crandell Lake.  I practiced first with that tool on scrap paper before laying the lines on these paintings.  The washi tape is there in the middle to keep the page in the book.  The only thing I don't like about this book is some of the used pages eventually came loose.  Lessons yet to learn:  *the make-up of watercolour sketch books, *other fonts for printing.  


 These are photos I took while on this adventure and the ones I used as a reference.




6 comments:

  1. Wonderful paintings, you are a real artist.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paintings and your photos. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! While out & about there is so much beauty to inspire me to paint what I see!

      Delete
  3. Special memories relived as you created these with your brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another way to savour special seconds in time!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.