Sunday, December 31, 2023

Documenting December 31, 2023

Today did not transpire as I hoped it would! I left my home early to be witness to the last sunrise of 2023 up on Nose Hill.  Little did I know what would be facing me when I arrived back home after the hike.  I had a message that my friend Marg had passed away from covid last night, not long after being rushed to the hospital.  We spoke on the phone just before Christmas and we emailed on Christmas morning.  The plan as always was to be in touch on New Year's Day and then make a plan to get together when things settled down after all the festive hustle and bustle.  We were friends for 39 years.  I spent the past few hours going through my photos and created this collage of a very few of the special times we shared.  I feel overwhelmed with sadness, I feel angry that after all the masking, vaccinating, social distancing and staying safe, covid still took her from me.  How will I kick of the first day of the New Year, I will be "out & about" thinking of Marg and maybe I will feel her with me!   

It was an absolutely gorgeous morning up on Nose Hill, I will enjoy the photos another day!












7 comments:

  1. Such sad news. I do empathise with you. A good friend of mine died a little while ago. The best thing is all the memories you still have. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear friend. Taking a hike in her memory is a great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful memories that will always be in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexandra, I’m so sorry to hear about Marg’s passing. It’s so sad when a good friend passes and it does take time to process the grief. Your collage definitely underscores the close relationship you and Marg had. The pictures you took up at Nose hill are absolutely wonderful. Beautiful sunrise indeed. I will say a prayer that you will find peace. Take care, my friend. John

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Covid has control of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very sorry for the loss. The photos are beautiful memories of your long friendship. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.