Saturday, December 30, 2023

last painting for 2023

 "Whatever makes you happy, you put in your world."  

Over the past few days, I have been roughing out a sketch to turn into a watercolour painting.  Also over the last few days, I have been reminiscing about 2023 and contemplating 2024.  The roughing out, the reminiscing and the contemplating all began to intertwine! It lead to a Bob Ross 'ism' coming to mind.  "Whatever makes you happy, you put into your world."  That sounds like a great New Year's Resolution!  

This is my final watercolour painting for this year.  My intentions were to paint a scene from the hike I did in Banff on December 12th using the reference photos I included below.  Those scenes alone included a few of my favourite things such as mountains, forests, rivers and snow.  I sketched out the initial draft, examined it, I felt it needed more.  I thought why not throw in a lovely little skater, then why not turn the water into ice, then why not add a few fluffy flurries!  Those additional items are things that make me happy.

This is my kind of world, it is what I made it, to make me happy!

my reference photos


There is lots in each of our lives and in our world that we have no control over.  Through and beyond all that, I wish you much success with finding ways to make your world in 2024 a happy one for you and for those you hold close to your heart!  

Happy  New  Year !


5 comments:

  1. Old Bob has the right sentiment. Love your water color and your approach to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your family. I like your painting and how you describe it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a happy new year. I’ve loved finding your blog this year. B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!!!
    Your paintings are always beautiful and appropriate for this winter time.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep these words in your heart in the days ahead. Such a happy snowy water colour!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.