Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Crocuses Galore

🎡 🎢 You're just what I've been looking for ! 🎢🎡

Then, just like that, it's watch where you step season!  It's been a long time coming this year and will only get better for the next couple of weeks as each day passes.  My first crocus sighting this season was on April 10th and the second was on April 11th.  They were very young, not much more than buds and barely noticeable.  I waited patiently for the display of beautiful abundance, and during those days, I learned more about the Prairie Crocus by creating this nature journal spread.  

this is the sighting from April 11th and the reference used for the journal page

My thought this morning was surely by now there should be more crocuses!  A few days had passed since I last went on a hunt, the temperatures had been nice with lots of sun.  It was maybe fifteen minutes into my search when I spotted those pretty purplish pinkish petals.  The sightings became never ending!  I was elated, finally, spring has arrived!   The crocuses were on the small side and were mostly singles and doubles.  There was the odd threesome yet hardly any big bouquets.  

I learned about the life cycle of the Prairie Crocus but I have yet to learn about the parts of this wildflower.  The part that caught my eye in each of the following photos, is where the light shone on and lite up the top of the stem (not sure yet if it is even called a stem). 




I saw so many tiny spots of beige fuzz barely visible in the ground cover 
which gives me hope for a sight soon to be seen!  



2 comments:

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.