Friday, April 28, 2023

Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park

There are still a handful of locations that I would like to crocus hunt at but Glenbow Ranch will be my last where I purposely go just for that reason.  The crocuses are at their prime right now but I have other places to go and other sights to savour.   We are experiencing unusually hot weather for being on the cusp of the end of April.  It has not been this hot since the early 1900's.  It is tinder dry locally yet the snow level is deep in the mountains with extreme avalanche warnings remaining in place.   

Yodel is closed off due to cows grazing & birthing so I headed west and descended down Tiger Lily.
The only reason I am wearing a hat is to keep my hair in place on this windy day.  I was ready to downgrade to shorts and a short sleeve shirt shortly after snapping this selfie.  
Along this stretch of the trail, the crocuses were in abundance.  
Never have I ever seen so many so close together.  
I learned that they multiply each year.  
a photographer's dream
a few of my favourites
After capturing more crocus photos than was necessary, I just passed on by the multitudes that still faced me.  There were other sights to see and that was where my focus turned to.  Besides, I was getting lazy and had enough of getting down on the ground and up again, over and over and over.  From the gorgeous clouds to spring buds, to ground squirrels building nests, to deer hair caught on fences, to the snow capped peaks and landscape in general, this was a very satisfying day to be out enjoying nature. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.