Friday, April 21, 2023

Wintry Crocus Collection

While being blasted with a day like the dog days of winter, I still went crocus hunting!  Why?  Because it's crocus season!  While slip sliding down the hill while trying to go up, I wondered whether this snow might work wonders for the crocuses in the long run.  I reached a location where I knew the wildflowers bloomed in previous years and there they were!  Each flower was dressed in flakes of snow.

here and there were pieces of purple poking up through the winter white


Taking photos of the crocuses in these conditions was not easy.  It was a challenge to keep my lens free of flakes and I wish I had pants that were water proof at the knees and rear.  It was cold enough that the snow accumulated.  As my search went on, more and more of the crocuses became totally covered.  A few that I could see some colour through the snow were worthy of flicking some flakes away.  

The snow was wet and heavy yet the crocuses remained upright.  

There is so much that I love about this particular crocus!  
The blue shade in the middle is gorgeous.  
When I look closely, I can see some of the snow flakes are in the shape of a star.  

More crocus capturing opportunities are still yet to come.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.