Friday, September 15, 2023

Butchart Gardens British Columbia September 15, 2023

Hours of easy strolling not covering loads of distance was the plan for today and I  accomplished that at The Butchart Gardens which was just a forty minute transit ride from downtown Victoria.  I have been here a few times and enjoyed what it has to offer, after all, it is a National Historic Site of Canada.  It was a hot day with not a cloud in the sky.  There were lots of shady areas and I lingered in those places longer.


You can see something as simple as a red rose…..
…..to something such as flowers, shrubs and trees galore!


I looked for the simplest things…..

…..to the bigger pictures!
my selfie 
flower lined pathways everywhere
a tranquil spot to sit awhile 


focusing on details 





The time came to follow the pathway to the exit and catch my ride back to the Inner Harbour,  I had more easy strolling to do, but lots of sitting was what I was now looking forward to.



sit and enjoy a beer

sit and savour fish & chips 

sit and watch the sunset




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking me back to this floral wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been in different seasons and the floral display is different each time! I have not been during the winter but I wonder what it would be like then!

      Delete
  2. The simplest things are the best!
    What a pity, I don't drink beer. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are not a beer drinker, then you are not missing something! I like to try beers brewed in places that I visit, especially when I get to drink it on a hot day sitting outside.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your comments! All comments are moderated.